9. A researcher wishes to estimate the proportion of X-ray machines that malfunction. A random sample of 200 machines is taken, and 70 of the machines in the sample malfunction. Based upon this, compute a 90% confidence interval for the proportion of all X-ray machines that malfunction. Then find the lower limit and upper limit of the 90% confidence interval. Carry your intermediate computations to at least three decimal places. Round your answers to two decimal places. (If necessary, consult a list of formulas.)Lower limit:Upper limit:
5. A cell phone manufacturer tests the battery lifetimes of its cell phones by recording the time it takes for the battery charges to run out while testers are playing games on the phones continuously. The manufacturer claims that the population mean of the battery lifetimes of all phones of their latest model is 7.22 hours. As a researcher for a consumer information service, you want to test that claim. To do so, you select a random sample of 45 cell phones of the manufacturer’s latest model and record their battery lifetimes. Assume it is known that the population standard deviation of the battery lifetimes for that cell phone model is 2.73 hours.Based on your sample, follow the steps below to construct a 99% confidence interval for the population mean of the battery lifetimes for all phones of the manufacturer’s latest model. Then state whether the confidence interval you construct contradicts the manufacturer’s claim. (If necessary, consult a list of formulas.)(a)Click on “Take Sample” to see the results from your random sample of 45 phones of the manufacturer’s latest model.Take SampleNumber of phonesSample meanSample standard deviationPopulation standard deviation2.73Enter the values of the sample size, the point estimate for the population mean, the population standard deviation, and the critical value you need for your 99% confidence interval. (Choose the correct critical value from the table of critical values provided.) When you are done, select “Compute”.Critical values=z0.0052.576=z0.0102.326=z0.0251.960=z0.0501.645=z0.1001.282Sample size: Point estimate: Population standard deviation: Critical value: ComputeStandard error: Margin of error: 99% confidence interval: (b)Based on your sample, graph the 99% confidence interval for the population mean of the battery lifetimes for all phones of the manufacturer’s latest model.
- Enter the lower and upper limits on the graph to show your confidence interval.
- For the point (), enter the manufacturer’s claim of 7.22 hours.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
Often, when a person is shown a painting or sculpture, they can have an immediate reaction such as “I like it” or “I hate it!” But the real question is why do we feel the way we do? Studying the elements of visual art can help you make a more informed and interesting response. Also, knowing a little about the development of artistic style through the centuries helps you put your opinions in context.
Pick at least one of the elements of composition and explain why it is important when describing a work of art, and cite some examples of painting or sculpture that emphasize this element.
2. Scene where Mozart first meets Emperor Joseph – name three things that this scene reveals about Mozart as a person and/or a composer. (don’t mention the annoying laugh – that is strictly Hollywood.)
- What are your feelings about these “alternative” art forms? Answer in 2-3 finished sentenced. Worth 8 points.
- Which, if any, artworks from this chapter do you have trouble understanding or accepting as art? Why? Answer in 2-3 finished sentenced. Worth 8 points.
How does a Greek temple differ from an Ancient Egyptian temple?
Please compare and contrast at least three (3) aspects. You can include, but not limited to symbolism, materiality, relationship to surrounding landscape.
- Name and briefly explain three (3) differences.
- Name and briefly explain three (3) thing they have in common
Chapter 11: Summarize the main tenets of Confucianism. Then select a work from the chapter that gives visual form to Confucian philosophy and explain how it does so. Again, locate a second artwork, not in the textbook, that also gives visual form to Confucianism and describe the connections. Cite your source.
Identify and describe what threat agents should be avoided in preparation for an assessment. How do we effectively screen out irrelevant threats and attacks in this preparation?
5. If physical texture is also called “actual” texture, another term for visual texture is _________________________ texture. [4 pt]
QUIZ 5: TEXTURE NAME_________________________________ 1. Draw an example of an invented texture. [4 pt]