How are the steps of SARS-CoV-2 infection different from lytic infection of a DNA virus? How are they similar?
To Access the Virtual Lab: https://www.classzone.com/books/hs/ca/sc/bio_07/virtual_labs/virtualLabs.html
3. What types of serum are available?
What to the antibodies in the serums bind to?
4. What are the disposable micropipettes used for?
Part 1: The Introduction
1. Read the instructions on the home page. Then, watch the opening video from the CSI Wildlife Introduction.
2. What is a keystone species?
SCIN 130 Lab 7: CSI Wildlife, Case 1
V1 04.2018 Felicetti
Page 1 of 9
3. Dr. Wasser states that approximately 50,000 African elephants are killed each year. According to the video, it is estimated that there are around 470,000 African elephants. If these numbers are correct, approximately what percentage of African elephants are killed each year? (Show your work.)
4. In one or two sentences, summarize Dr. Wasser’s research and how it is being used to conserve elephants.
Lab 5 Mitosis BIO101L
1. What are chromosomes made of?
2. Research the differences that exist between mitosis and binary fission. Identify at least one difference, and explain why it is significant.
3. Cancer is a disease related to uncontrolled cell division. Investigate two known causes for these rapidly dividing cells.
Accuracy vs. Precision
For the following, determine whether the information is accurate, precise, both or neither.
1. During gym class, four students decided to see if they could beat the norm of 45 sit-ups in a minute. The first student did 64 sit-ups, the second did 69, the third did 65, and the fourth did 67.
2. The average score for the 5th grade math test is 89.5. The top 5th graders took the test and scored 89, 93, 91 and 87.
3. Yesterday the temperature was 89 °F, tomorrow it’s supposed to be 88 °F and the next day it’s supposed to be 90 °F, even though the average for September is only 75 °F degrees!
4. Four friends decided to go out and play horseshoes. They took a picture of their results shown to the right:
5. A local grocery store was holding a contest to see who could most closely guess the number of pennies that they had inside a large jar. The first six people guessed the numbers 735, 209, 390, 300, 1005 and 689. The grocery clerk said the jar actually contains 568 pennies.
Determine the variables tested in the each of the following experiments. If applicable, determine and identify any positive or negative controls.
1. A study is being done to test the effects of habitat space on the size of fish populations. Different sized aquariums are set up with six goldfish in each one. Over a period of six months, the fish are fed the same type and amount of food. The aquariums are equally maintained and cleaned throughout the experiment. The temperature of the water is kept constant. At the end of the experiment the number of surviving fish is surveyed.
A. Independent Variable:
B. Dependent Variable:
C. Controlled Variables/Constants:
D. Experimental Controls/Control Groups:
Based on the topic Resources, consider how the paradigm of a healing environment influences your philosophy of care, and write an essay of 500-750 words that addresses the following: Describe the components of a healing environment and their relationship to spirituality. Include the perspectives of medicalization and the patient’s worldview. What are the challenges of creating a healing environment in light of the barriers (spiritual, physical, emotional) and complexities of providing health care and wellness? What aspects of the Christian worldview support the concept of a healing environment? How will the concepts of a healing environment inform your philosophy of health care and wellness? Remember to support your responses with the topic Resources. Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion. You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance. Benchmark Information This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies: BS Biology 2.4: Explore barriers to meeting the spiritual needs of other